How do I check out books from the library?
Instructions on checking out print books from any of the campus libraries.
Loan Policies: Regular Circulating Materials to Students
- To check out material from the JSCC libraries, students must be currently enrolled. The student accepts responsibility for any material borrowed from the libraries.
- A student may not have more than seven books on a subject checked out at any one time. If the books are on more than one subject, the student may have more than seven, up to a maximum of twenty-one at any one time.
- Regular circulating materials may be borrowed for 21 days.
- All regular circulating materials may be renewed one time.
- Books may be borrowed and returned at any campus regardless of a student’s primary campus location.
- Overdue notices are emailed weekly to student email accounts.
- The final due date for each semester is determined term by term but generally will fall on the last day of final exams.
- The overdue fine for regular circulating materials is 10 cents per day per item with no maximum. Audio visual materials and software accrue overdue fines at a rate of $1.00 per day with no maximum.
- A student with overdue books cannot check out additional materials without approval until those books are returned or paid for if they are lost or damaged.
- Banner holds are placed on student accounts for items not returned. Holds are placed periodically throughout each term and not removed until items are returned or replacement fees are paid.
- Individuals must pay replacement cost plus processing fee for any books which have been lost or damaged. In addition, students must pay any fines which have accumulated.
- All library fines and lost book charges are to be paid to the college cashier. A fine slip is completed in the library when the overdue material is returned. The student must present this slip in to the cashier when paying fines. If a Banner hold is present, the cashier will remove the hold once the fine or replacement fees are paid.
- All refunds for returned books, which have been lost and paid, are handled through the business office. The student is responsible for returning the materials to the library and requesting a refund. The student must have the cashier's receipt as proof of payment. Library staff will complete the required paperwork for submittal by the student to the business office.
Was this helpful? 0 0
- If you have a question or need assistance, please contact us through one of the options below.
- We will respond in less than 24 hours.